(303) 420-1234

Pay Now

Monday-Friday 8:30-12:00; 1:00-5:00
Frie, Arndt & Danborn Blog

Issues with Neighbors

by Paul Danborn

American homes


Are you having ongoing problems with your neighbor(s)? The City of Arvada’s police department offers a neighborhood dispute resolution process very similar to mediation that may help defuse tensions, and other cities may have similar programs. If your neighbor refuses to participate, there are still several things you can do to protect yourself from false accusations. I have successfully defended two different clients from their neighbors’ claims they needed a Civil Protection Order (commonly referred to as a “restraining order”). A Civil Protection Order is rarely the best route to go in a dispute with a neighbor. Please call us to discuss other techniques that may serve you better.